The UK gambling industry is one of the leaders worldwide. It’s developing rapidly due to transparent legislation and an increase in the number of online casino players.
UK gambling laws
Online casinos in the UK were legalised in 2005. In 2007, the UK Gambling Commission was created to control all venues organising online casino games. Sportsbooks are an exception as they’re regulated by the Sports Betting Intelligence Unit, a part of UKGC.
The main goals of the law passed in 2005:
- Prevent money laundering and fraud
- Provide fair and open gambling
- Protect children from casino games.
Until 2014, casinos could operate in the UK under international licences from Malta, Curacao, Costa Rica, etc. In 2014, amendments were passed. According to them, every casino wishing to enter the UK gambling market has to obtain a permit from the UKGC. Also, every offline and online venue has to pay a 15 per cent tax on gross profits.
The top UK casinos
Best Online Casinos in the US are licenced by a reputable UKGC regulator, so every customer can count on fair gambling. Only certified games are offered on legitimate casino sites. Third parties can’t affect gameplay or slots’ parameters.
The best UK casinos are:
- Vegas Casino
- Grosvenor Casino
- Party Casino
- Casumo Casino
- 777 Casino
- PokerStars Casino
How to choose a suitable casino
UK casinos offer thousands of modern and classic games, fair play, and prompt cashout. To choose a suitable online gambling venue, it’s necessary to consider several factors:
- Check whether it’s convenient to play on PCs or smartphones. Don’t forget about mobile versions and separate apps (if any).
- Study the game catalogue and a number of providers. Licenced casinos offer many games: slots, roulette, poker, baccarat, blackjack, games with live dealers, etc. Convenient navigation and various filters are also essential criteria.
- Check the list of available currencies. In reputable UK gambling venues, you can use EUR, CAD, USD, GBP, etc., for making bets. Remember that you have to choose the currency during registration. After that, it’s impossible to change it.
- Study the bonus programme. It’s perfect if new players can receive a welcome bonus and other gifts such as no deposit gifts, reloads, free spins, etc.
- Check whether the loyalty programme is available. It’s essential if you want to play actively, as the VIP programme offers various privileges.
- Check the payout speed. The best UK casinos withdraw winnings within 24-48 hours.
Almost any UK casino provides demo versions of slots, so you can play for virtual chips. This allows gamblers to check slots’ parameters, test strategies, etc.